Steve & Katie Farnsworth
Halle & Lizzie Whitney







Thursday, September 10, 2009

More like my mother

I am becoming more like my mother every day. I remember that there were days that my mom made us stay home from school in the mornings until we got the house clean.

By the time I get home from work everyday, I am so tired and sometimes I just don't feel like cleaning up. Because I am an early riser now, I accomplish alot in the mornings. This morning was one of them. The girls were up around 6am on their own. I was up and ready for work by 6:30-which meant I had an hour before we had to leave for school.

Instead of letting the girls watch TV once they were all ready, I made them help me clean. They hated every minute of it. They were SO worried they were going to be late for school. It just made them clean faster. We got the house a little cleaner and we still made it to school on time. As we drove into the school parking lot and the girls saw their schoolmates hadn't gone into class yet there were two little sighs or relief.

1 comment:

Daniel doings said...

I love it, what a great story. Just think if we all did that everyday, we could just play after work and school.
love ya, Aunt Lawanna