Steve & Katie Farnsworth
Halle & Lizzie Whitney







Tuesday, July 7, 2009

4th of July 2009

We started the 4th of July with the 7th wards bike parade and pancake breakfast. It was fun going back to the ward to see all the "oldies" and the "newbies". We even had red, white and blue pancakes. Dad brought the horse "Seven" over to the ward to let my 3 year old niece AnnaLee ride in the parade on. She loved riding the horse-until LeeAnna and her had a little incident with the horse. Good thing nobody was hurt.
After the Bike Parade and breakfast, we relaxed at home for a bit and then headed down to Sandy City to the carnival/festival. This is a yearly tradition for our family. We park down at target and walk down to the booths. It's so fun walking around. I must say though-it's much more fun when the kids are with me. We saw these bubbles all over the place and then noticed they were coming out of a toy bubble gun. We loved them! My mom, brother Jesse and I each bought one. I thought the girls would love it. Mom thought all her grandkids would love it and Jesse thought his daughter would-well we were ALL right about that. They are so much fun. Steve was attacked by bubbles at the family BBQ party later that evening.
LeeAnna, her friend, Steve and I all went down to the Sandy City Parade. We sat on "Our Corner". Front row seating with the sun behind us, rather than in our eyes. We watched most of the parade, but left about about an hour and 20 minutes. I was getting too hot and sunburned-although the parade didn't even start until 6pm.
After the parade we went back to Mom and Dads house for the BBQ. It was so much fun. We had one of my dad's brothers there with his married and unmarried kids, my dad's sister and her family there, Grandma Wright, some of my siblings and some other friends. It was nice visiting outside without burning up. We sit on the swings and chairs or the lawn and just enjoy each others company with some good BBQ and food.
By the time it was getting dark, we had the line of fireworks ready to light off. Jon always does such a good job at being in charge of the fireworks. All the kids loved getting to help light the fireworks. LeeAnna and her friend did a great job at monitoring the sparklers.
We finished our fireworks and then all turned West to see the Sandy City fireworks. We all just layed on the lawn or relaxed in the chairs as we cranked up the stereo to patriotic music and we watched a great fireworks show.
It was such a fun night! It was so nice to visit with everyone! OH---another thing-there were some who were playing "Horse" with the basketball. I didn't want to play-but after the fireworks, my cousin Chase and his friends were all playing hoops. I got the basketball and shot it clear from by the garage door-which is about a half court shot-and guess what??? The first time I barely missed it-it did the ring around the hoop and missed. The second time, I MADE IT!!! I should have challenged them all in "Horse". I would have won :)


Sandy City Fireworks


LeeAnna and her friend-I just liked the sparkler effects here.


My niece AnnaLee-we did her hair and Aunt LeeAnna put sparklies on her eyes. She's so cute!

Some of th kids jumpin on the tramp

My grandma Wright-dad's mom
Sister Cindy and hubby Corey

Nephew Tommy doing his dance

Steve with the punk lighter Some of the company we had over on the 4th My dad and mom
My niece AnnaLee. She was sad I put the flag in her hair.
Steve being attacked by bubbles.
At the Sandy Parade
Brother Jesse and his daughter AnnaLee
Mom, LeeAnna, AnnaLee, Jesse
Dad in the bike parade
Steve and me at the ward breakfast
AnnaLee and Dad

No comments: