Steve & Katie Farnsworth
Halle & Lizzie Whitney







Monday, July 20, 2009

Pioneer Celebration

We had the chance to go stay at Steve's grandma and papa's cabin this last weekend in Heber. The drive is only about 2 1/2 hours which isn't bad at all to escape from the heat. We left Friday after work. Saturday morning we got up and drove about a half hour to Snowflake for the annual Pioneer Celebration. I have no idea why they did it a week before. Anyhow, We went to the breakfast put on by the scouts and then walked a few blocks over to the parade. The parade was so much fun-but not as much fun as it would have been with kids. I think parades are totally for kids! At the parade we got a flier for a crafty boutique. So after the parade, we headed to the boutique at some ladies house. It has so many fun crafts. I love going to get ideas. We also headed to the cities Arts and Crafts Fair down at Pioneer Park. I came away with nothing. I got some ideas, but I didn't want to spend the money on stuff I could make. By this time, I was tired and it was HOT. Not as hot as Mesa, but it was up in the high 90's.

We headed back to the cabin to relax for a bit. There was no A/C in the cabin though, so I didn't get a good nap in. Later that evening we drove about 45 min to Pinetop to say hello to Steve's cousins, aunts and uncles and grandparents who were up at the Burgess cabin. It was kinda fun visiting them away from Mesa.

From the cabin we drove to the Stake Center in Show Low for a pioneer celebration. Steve's cousin and his wife were part of putting this shin dig together. We had some great food and enjoyed a wonderful program. There was singing and dancing and story telling.

It was an enjoyable trip away from the heat. I just didn't want to come back to work today. Sorry the pictures are kinda in a random order.


One of the crafts that I want to make for my home.
Part of the Pioneer Celebration program
The program

Steve wanted to get a picture with the flag flying in the background. The skies look pretty grey, but it never rained! It was such nice weather. Steve before the presentation

They grilled some yummy hot dogs and hamburgers with homemade rootbeer.
I had to take this picture from the parade because it reminds me of all my brothers and dad back home who are always in that cage. This guy was doing all sorts of tricks. It was pretty cool.

I had to take this picture because as we were driving up on Friday night we were just leaving Payson heading to Heber and about 7-10 fancy cars like this were heading the same direction. They got ahead of us-so I kept saying to Steve that he needed to keep up with these cars. That was actually impossible. I guess our little Altima just couldn't keep up. The next morning in the parade, all the fancy cars were lined up and in the parade.

No comments: