Steve & Katie Farnsworth
Halle & Lizzie Whitney







Friday, August 7, 2009

First day of the 2009-2010 School Year

What a way to start out your school year-late to school.....
We did have a good excuse though. If you have read my last post-you noted that we caught a plane back to AZ early Tuesday morning after spending the weekend up in UT. We got up at 5am UT time-which is 4am AZ time. That's pretty early for the first day of school. We got up and I got the girls all dressed and ready for Lizzie's first day of Kindergarten and Halle started 1st grade. The girls were so tired, but excited for a new school year. We left Mom and Dad's house before the sun came up and caught the earliest flight home.

We arrived in Phoenix around 7:50 and rushed the kids to school which started at 8. We drove like crazy to get to school. I took the girls in to the office and then into their class. We have a good friend Rachel who was kind enough to have lunches made for the girls and ready for them when we got to school. The girls said goodbye and my babies headed off to grow up. I was kinda sad. I know it is a happy time in life, but as I was walking back to my car I actually started to get teary eyed, but had to hold it in. They just grow up so fast.

I picked up the kids after school and headed home. The girls were so happy and excited, but were so tired. By about 6pm Halle had fallen asleep upstairs and Lizzie was a little weary eyed herself. We had to wake wake them up to eat dinner.

I love this time of year. It's a fresh start for me. I love school shopping. I stock up for the year with crayons and markers and other fun project stuff. I love seeing the girls so excited for school. So eager to meet new friends and be with their old friends. I love seeing all the kids in new school clothes that are a little bit too big because the parents know they will "grow into them". I love reading to the kids and then kissing them goodnight early. I love change and the start of the school year represents change for me. I love it! I wish I had better pictures, but it was so early in the morning and we were in a hurry to get to the airport to catch our plane.


1 comment:

ashley and wes said...

Yay! BACK TO SCHOOL :) i love this time of year too; even though Im not the one in school :) The girls look great! So glad you guys had a good time in Utah... Also, i love the fashion show with their cute outfits and DARLING bows.! way to go kate! tell steve and the girls hello for us! miss you gusy :)