Steve & Katie Farnsworth
Halle & Lizzie Whitney







Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Just noise, or is it music?

Halle started piano lessons yesterday with a lady named Judy. We couldn't get to her house fast enough. Halle was so anxious to start learning. She went right in and waited for the teacher to finish up with her last student. Halle sat at the piano and started right up. She was so eager to learn! I loved it. Now, I just hope she feels that way in 10 years when I am making her go to piano instead of out on dates with the boys!
As I sat there and watched the teacher work with Halle, it brought back SOOO many memories of my childhood because my childhood consisted of ALOT of piano time. Lessons, practicing and performances. It was kinda interesting because Miss Judy even looks a little like my piano teacher. Same crazy hair, same handwriting, etc. I can't stand the way she wrote in Halle's books.
Well, she was amazed at how smart Halle was and how quickly Halle started to grasp things. I am so excited! Halle will have her first performance on Sept. 28th at Superstition Springs Mall-I remember the mall performances when I was little-they were SO scarry. Anyhow, I can't wait for her to learn more and then we can do some duets together eventually and then she will out play her own momma.

1 comment:

Daniel doings said...

way to go Halle, I am so thrilled for her. I need to take more lesson myself. Love ya